Weirwood Match Report

This is where you can talk about anything fishing.

Weirwood Match Report

Postby Angling Club Admin » Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Weirwood Reservoir for this one-what a day, blowing a gale with torrential rain!! Just twelve hardened (or stupid) Anglers turned up. But we started the day well with a good cooked breakfast, then a boat ride to the far bank. It was then hoods up and heads down for the next six hours.

Honours went to Rob Fairbrother in first place with 12lb 6oz, second was Keith Huggins with 7lb 7oz and third was Ray Hill with 7lb 2oz (this could have been close to 8lb but Gary would not let me weigh in a stone that I tried to pass off as a stone-loach! So unfortunately I went out of the Mitchell Cup to Mr Huggins!).
These weights all basically caught on feeders using maggots, worm, and casters for mixed bags.

Hi-lights for the day were a non-event as everyone had their heads down trying to detect bites in waves that would have been happy on the beach at Seaford!
I will say though Huggins has lost so much weight we had to put stones in his pockets so that he wouldn’t get
blown off his box!

Let’s hope the next match is more eventful!

The Scoop
Angling Club Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weirwood Match Report

Postby huggyk » Tue May 08, 2012 1:45 pm

Angling Club Admin wrote:Weirwood Reservoir for this one-what a day, blowing a gale with torrential rain!! Just twelve hardened (or stupid) Anglers turned up. But we started the day well with a good cooked breakfast, then a boat ride to the far bank. It was then hoods up and heads down for the next six hours.

Honours went to Rob Fairbrother in first place with 12lb 6oz, second was Keith Huggins with 7lb 7oz and third was Ray Hill with 7lb 2oz (this could have been close to 8lb but Gary would not let me weigh in a stone that I tried to pass off as a stone-loach! So unfortunately I went out of the Mitchell Cup to Mr Huggins!).
These weights all basically caught on feeders using maggots, worm, and casters for mixed bags.

Hi-lights for the day were a non-event as everyone had their heads down trying to detect bites in waves that would have been happy on the beach at Seaford!
I will say though Huggins has lost so much weight we had to put stones in his pockets so that he wouldn’t get
blown off his box!

Let’s hope the next match is more eventful!

The Scoop

If i,m gonna win this mitchell cup, i,m resigned to the knowledge that i,m gonna need a slice o luck! well just maybe this year? certainly had a slice beating hill on the day , one more bite each and all that.
huggyk

Return to General Fishing Discussion